Friday, August 10, 2012

Of Mud and Muck

TGIF!! (even though I am not of the 9 to 5 population)

 This weekend marks our adventure into the Mudathlon.



It sounds crazy that anyone would want to do this but sometimes you have to be a little crazy to have fun! 


This is going to be one of many (I hope) family activities/adventures upon which we will build memories.  Hopefully they will all be funny (not sorry) moments we will recall. 



Some of us don't like mud.  This is where I raise an eyebrow.  You see, I am hoping that somewhere along that slippery slope, that sticky pit, that soggy path, I will conjure my dad and he will be laughing loud enough for us to hear it and be proud that we, like no other, embraced the family name: Muck. 


It's a skewed way of looking at it but for me it's just part of the frosting on the cake.  Imagine growing up with 'Muck' as your last name.  Thank God we didn't move much because there are a LOT of Mucks from my hometown and surrounding area.  I never realized just how local it was until I moved away.

Anyhoo, I am a little excited and a little anxious.  I know I have to duct tape my shoes on, but I am wondering about my shorts.  :O


I will let you know.




No comments:

Post a Comment