Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cool

 
 
COOL
 
 
 
I am getting today's post in very close to the deadline.
There is a good reason for it though.  "Cool" is the word for the photo of the day and for two days I walked around with that word in my head, waiting for the inspiration to hit me. 
 
It finally came this morning in the watercolor class I am taking.  I am finding this class to be a bit of a struggle.  It is the second one I have taken and I get lots of mixed messages from the instructors and fellow classmates. 
 
It seems that what I think is pretty good, they (not all of them, to be fair) have something to say about it to make it better.  It normally doesn't bother me.  I am trying to find my way with watercolors and I don't think it's easy.  I need all the help - good and bad - that I can get.
 
Today's lesson involved a background made with two color washes pressed with foil while they dried and then finished with ink.  Here's mine.
 
 
I still have some filling in to do but I really enjoyed doing this! really!  It was fun even though I was terrified to put the pen on the paper for fear of a total screw up.  We were given a bunch of photos to go through and use one as inspiration.  Those with greater skills simply used their imagination.
(I hope I get there some day!!)
 
So that is my "cool" for the picture of the day - something I did that I enjoyed and was sort of good at doing.
 
Then, when I got home to post this, the second 'cool' showed up.  I had to rotate this picture to make it horizontal and found some tricks I could use editing this photo.  I got these to go along with the original...
 
Red filter
 

 
Sepia
 

 
Black and white
 
Call me simple, but I love how the filters change the feel of the picture.  Yes, i have seen this done with photos of people and buildings, but I have never seen them on something I made.
 
.....and I thought that was pretty cool.
 
Yeah - like that!
 
~
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment