Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Family Wedding

 
 
 
 
Family Wedding
 
 
Indeed, I only feel it fitting that I start this post with the picture of the cake!  I love cake at events like this because it's always the kind of cake you never make for yourself at home....or can even make, for that matter.
 
These two cakes were so unique in form.  Someone has a good hand at sculpting.  One of these was chocolate and one was white.  I had the white.  It had red raspberry filling in between the layers that was not too sweet or thick, plus it was sitting atop and beneath a thin layer of frosting so it was the right amount of fruity and creamy and sweet.  But the cake wasn't the whole thing - it was just my favorite food at the reception.
 
While Megan has some of the details on her blog It's Good to be Queen, I want to show you what was happening in the meantime.  For some reason my family found it odd that I would introduce myself to people attending the wedding that I didn't know.  Really?  How am I supposed to know who people are if I don't step up?  I digress....onto the fun stuff.
 
Pre-wedding pictures were taken at Hidden Lake Gardens.  This is a botanical preserve not too far from the lake.  It's a great place for pictures on a sunny August Day.  It appears there was some fun to be had along with the standard wedding pics.
 
 
 

 




 
Yippeee!



 

 
 If there were anymore pattern in this picture (above) I do believe a seizure could occur. Never let it be said that the Robideau women dress dully. I'm not sure what the girls' motivation was to wear pattern, but mine was for camouflage. Patterns have been my friend a lot lately! And, no, I am not pregnant - it's the way the sun is hitting my dress. We were heading into the wedding. (above)
 
 
Below is Jim and I with the Groom's little sister, Rachel.  We are her Godparents and when she was old enough to get the joke, Jim told her she could call him "God".  She thought that was pretty funny!
 
 


                                                      
 
Eddie's parents, Peggy and Ed - my sister- and brother-in-law.





 
Jessy looking beautiful and ready to take the big walk down the aisle!
 
 
 
 Below the groom and pastor await the wedding party. 
We can't tell you how happy we are that total strangers on the lake that day felt it necessary to drop anchor and watch. Whatever..... everything was beautiful.



 
The rings....
 
The wedding party arrived by pontoon boat at the Yacht Club.
 
 
 

 
 
So happy....
 
 

 
 

 The two Grammys with baby Harry.
 
 
And then the fun begins.....
 



Peggy should know better than to think she will get a serious picture with her two brothers. (below)




                                                                                                                 
 
Yup....we're having fun.
 
Love the look on Eddie's face! (below)


Brother's

OOPS!

 
Nicole (left) and Lindsay (right)
 
Rachel and David

Joe and Justine

Megan and Kevin
 
Julia and pizza.
 
 
Dance, dance, dance.

 
Ok, I am sure you get the idea that we had fun.  While it breaks my heart to think that two of the eight grandchildren (not mine, Jim's parents') are already married, it also reminds me of how lucky I am to have a family that seems to get better and better at having a great time TOGETHER with each passing year.  It brings to mind that life is short so learn to forgive, learn to let go, and enjoy the moment because you can't get it back.  Life is short.
 
Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
~
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 




 
 



3 comments:

  1. Ok. You gotta work on getting those pictures close to the same size and centered lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I know they are different sizes and and placement. I got sick of moving them around so I quit playing with them. The XL ones have detail in them that I wanted you (the reader...one of my only two followers :[ to see). Feel free to share tips and tricks! I will help you with grammar and punctuation! ;)

      Delete
    2. haha lord knows I need all the help I can get. I'll show ya some tips and tricks when I'm around ya next!

      Lol you have more readers than 2 of us, but I would also say that if you "advertise" you'll have more...if you even want them.

      Delete