Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Art...again.

 


 
        
Art! Art! Art!
 
 
 
I am getting very excited for this coming weekend!  For the first time since it first began I am finally going to go to Art Prize!!  Had I been really smart (because in hindsight I am never very smart)during that first year I would have gone up there no matter what.  I would have been a much wiser attendant too.  But that is history and I am ready to make some this year!
 
Don't know what Art Prize is?  Here's a link:Art Prize  around; I think you will like what you see.  If you don't have the time, here's some of the stuff I like that I hope to see IRL.
 
 
View more of this installation here: Link to Horses
 
 
Below is one of those that you just have to see up close.  The link to see a few other shots of this is below.
 
 
 


 
 


Immortalized  Above - check it out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I could post many more as there are thousands to choose from.  Art Prize is in Grand Rapids, Michigan and it runs for 3 weeks starting in September.  This Sunday marks the beginning of the last week in which cash prizes will be awarded to the artists whose work received the most vote - from the public, no less!  They award over $560,000 in prizes which is totally amazing! 
 
Imagine what this event has done for the city of Grand Rapids.  Whoever dreamed this up is one clever person and I admire that kind of savvy, don't you? 
 
I will be sure to post photos of my time there in hopes of adding some really cool and beautiful art to your day.  I just love things like this!!!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow oh wow...great job Toot...lovely pictures and the descriptions are perfect. Sure glad you took the closeups. I had no clue what some of the media was...

    ReplyDelete